This is for our client in Massachusetts.
This is a Hybrid role.
This is a full-time role and relocation may be provided.
Here are some of the details:
The Senior Precast/Pre-stressed Engineer is accountable for the overall coordination of all Engineering requirements from design through erection. They are accountable for leading the Drafting and Engineering teams (both internal and external) as well as providing support to internal Project Management personnel with respect to effective engineering concepts, increasing engineering aptitude, and creating a top-flight engineering approach for our customers. Accountable for the performance of contracted Engineering and Drafting teams with respect to engineering services, job ticket and drawing quality, and is an owner of the Company's engineering standards. Additionally is an accountable party ensuring the Company's maintains a leadership position with respect to engineering innovation in precast and pre-stressed concrete and overall engineering capabilityThe Senior Precast/Pre-stressed Engineer interfaces with various internal/external partners to identify sales opportunities and build relationships.
- Build, train, and manage engineering, drafting, and BIM support personnel in both internal and external contract environments.
- Work with teams of professionals to engineer exceptional precast and pre-stressed solutions for projects and project development maintaining IBC, ASCE, PCI and ACI codes and guidance.
- Will be a lead technical expert in civil/structural design with strong civil/structural technical capability to lead and review work of the technical sub subcontractors and experts within the discipline.
- Assure compliance with company quality assurance processes and procedures and compliance to certifying body requirements.
- Set standards for documents, drawings, reports, details and supporting documentation.
- Promote a safe working culture for all employees; Working with safety and field personnel to minimize risk and increase safety for employees, at all times.
- Review shop drawings and erection procedures to ensure compliance with contract documents, dimensional accuracy, design intent, and standards.
- Work with Company Leadership Team and peers to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans with respect to the engineering function.
- Collaborate with peers and reports on best practices and provides the tools and processes to deliver on results. Empowers teams and team leaders to be innovative and to bring new ideas to our organization.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, MS degree a plus
- PE certification
- 6-10 years of increasing responsibilities in a precast/pre-stressed engineering environment
- Experience in managing and directing teams/employees and mentoring engineering personnel
- A commitment to quality and innovation. Understands industry standards and pushes the engineering envelope to drive excellence
- Experience with Structural projects, Architectural experience a plus.
- Familiar with IBC building codes, PCI and ACI design requirements, stripping, handling, shipping, and erection analysis.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit or other 3D modeling programs